Crop Production, Food Processing, Detection and Analysis Methods, Safe Production Methods
Turkish technology development area is looking for partners such as University, SME and R&D Institution from ERA countries to take part in "Sustainable Agricultural Systems and Functional Food Production: Soybean" project under Sus-Crop action. The experts looked for are specialized in agronomy, molecular biology, food quality sectors and in agricultural information extension. The project is based on a period of 3 years.
Aim of the present project is; determination the health status (amino acid, dietetic fiber, fatty acid, protein, mineral, vitamin) of six promising non-gmo soybean genotypes by five potassium fertilizer doses (including control) with three replications under field trial for two years by focus on drought resistance, yield and quality related characteristics. Project outputs will produce; sustainable functional soybean production by determine the health status as food and drought-potassium relations by identify the yield, stress gene expression, economic analysis and extension of the project outputs.
Following stuffs are requested:
- Field trials by using non-gmo soybean genotypes,
- Molecular analysis for drought resistance mechanism,
- Quality analysis for amino acids, dietetic fiber, fatty acids, mineral, protein and vitamin,
- Field days for knowledge extension.
Aspects of the present project may be summarized as following:
- Sustainable agricultural systems by farming non-gmo soybean,
- Sustainable functional non-gmo soybean production by view of human and/or animal health,
- Drought tolerance and effective water usage,
- Effective potassium fertilizing take care quality and yield by economic analysis,
- Alternative crop for rotation systems,
- Low inputs versus higher quality and profits for sustainable human health and environment.
Konya is the biggest city and in the center of Turkey while has around 1/3 (38%) seed production with 125 foundations, 375 dealers, 6500 seed producers on 65.000 ha area for certified seed variety production. Selcuk University* has 95.000 students, 6 institutes, 24 Faculties, 5 high schools, 22 vocational schools, technopark, advanced technology research and application center, 3500 academic staff and 1300 administrative staff.